The Fourth meeting of the friends of
The meeting took place in September 26-28, 2003.
Therefore, Uelzen was an appropriate location for the friends of the Hundertwasser philately to meet.
During the month of September the Lueneburg Heath is in full bloom and is an impressive sight which adds to the beauty of the region.
activities were realized:
- Saturday/Sunday philatelistic exhibition about Hundertwassers
- Saturday, 27.09. a tour of the railway
- Saturday, 27.09. the unveiling of a Hundertwasser commemorative plaque at the railway station
Production: Firma NORO
- an exchange of information between the participants
of the meeting in the conference area of the railway
- in honor of the meeting the “Club of the stamp friends Uelzen” has organized a free stamp advertising insert (red meter / machine postmark with slogan):
a commemorative card "Hundertwasser und Philatelie" of
the company File Design ("UE-Card")
and from the association "Bahnhof 2000 Uelzen e.V."
is possibly to order the commemorative card:
der Briefmarkenfreunde Uelzen e.V.
At this place, I would like specially thanks Mr. Horst Hoffmann, without his great engagement our meeting doesn't would have been possibly !!!
The following sender´s franking are possibly: alternative the machine postmark with slogan from the “Club of the stamp friends Uelzen”or the machine postmark with slogan from the municipal authority Uelzen:
- a edition of the home-supplement "Der Heidewanderer" (The heath-hikers) Nr. 39/2003 of the newspaper "Allgemeine Zeitung Uelzen" with the topic "Hundertwasser in the stamp-picture - a catalog of the special-, machine- and advertising-stamps as well as the free-stamps" (composed from Thomas Kleinschmidt).
- and a cachet cancellation will be released, as is traditional.
We visited also the ARTE-Restaurant located within the railway station. Both the ARTE-Restaurant and the City Café-Ottensen in Hamburg were renovated by designer, Ms. Jule Beck in accordance to Hundertwasser´s plans and specifications.
Occasionally there is a shuttle bus run by the ABeR Alternaive-Bus-Reisen GmbH. ( alternative-bus-trips Ltd. ) connecting the ARTE Restaurant and the City Café-Ottensen. The shuttle bus was designed by Hundertwasser.
Since 1999/2000 the old long distance railway station at Uelzen has developed into a real cultural centre which accommodates exhibitions and other cultural events.
Also are interesting the preparations to the Hundertwasser-musical, that has at the 30. July 2004 premiere. The Hundertwasser-musical is a drama devised by the librettist Rolf Rettberg about the life-story of the artist.
© Harry Hoffmeister 2003